Many people take their feet for granted and just assume that putting their feet up at the end of the day is enough to prevent foot pain from setting in. There are important reasons to take care of your feet which can impact your quality of life, productivity at work and even your regular physical activity. If you have foot problems or your feet hurt, you won’t be functioning at your best. Even if you have a desk job, you still need to get up occasionally. Poor foot health can impede your performance at work and if foot care isn’t taken seriously it can even result in lost time from work. And with poor foot health, you’re less likely to engage in physical activity.
Poor foot care can also result in a higher risk of foot disease and ailments, so it is important that you’re doing everything possible to keep your feet healthy. Preventative foot care keeps you on your toes and also helps lessen the need for foot surgery. Below are the top benefits you can expect when you focus on proper foot care. We will also share some daily exercises and tips that you can use to jump start your foot care regime.
Top Benefits of a Foot Care Program
There are many benefits to a foot care program. These daily foot care programs will have the biggest impact on your foot health, but even doing some of the exercises a couple times a week can make a huge difference in your daily wellbeing. Below are a few the top benefits of a foot care program.
- Avoid Surgery
- Ok you might be thinking that this is extreme, but think about any ailment that goes untreated. Many times surgery is the only resolution and your foot pain is like anything else when left untreated. I know I’m not a fan of surgery or the unfashionable “boot” you have to wear. Wouldn’t a few minutes a day wearing foot alignment socks and doing some easy foot care exercises be worth it to avoid going under the knife?
- Reducing Pain
- Does it feel like you are walking on pins and needles all the time? Do you have occasional stabbing pain in the bottom of your feet? These can be the early warning signs of a common foot ailment that could be developing. Before things get too severe you should consider some daily foot care efforts. These daily activities can provide the pain relief you have been looking for and it is something you can do in the evening while watching TV.
- Increasing Mobility
- If your foot pain is limiting your activity, you don’t have to sit around and live with it. Most foot pain can be dealt with in the comfort of your own home with some simple exercises or even some foot alignment socks. Often athletes will experience foot pain and either continue to work thru it causing the pain to get more severe or take a break from the activity. There are daily foot care efforts you can employ to remain active and not miss out on anything because of your foot pain. Below we will outline several things to consider to increase your mobility and for those athletes here is a link to 5 foot care tips for runners.
- Healthy Looking Feet
- Have you ever gone to the spa and decided not to get a pedicure because of how your feet look? Have you ever avoided going to the beach or wearing those open toed shoes because of how your feet and toes look? Don’t worry you aren’t alone. This happens daily across the globe. You don’t have to hide those unsightly feet if you spend a few minutes every day on a foot care program. That program can be anything from exercises to grooming to soaking to stretching with foot alignment socks. Daily foot care can be easy and quick. Check out some of our recommendations below.
Top Tips & Exercises for Daily Foot Care
There are a variety of foot care exercises and preventative efforts that can help to stretch and strengthen your toe & foot muscles. We want to give you some of the best at home foot care remedies for the foot pain you may be experiencing as well as some exercises.
Wear shoes that fit properly
- Wear foot alignment socks, a special sock that stretches the foot while you rest or sleep
- Use heel lifts or shoe inserts to reduce pain
- Rest when your feet feel tired or when you muscles ache
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Stretch your muscles before exercising
- Foot exercises to consider:
- Try picking up marbles or crumpling a towel with your toes.
- While seated, roll your foot back and forth over a frozen water bottle, ice-cold can, or foam roller. Do this for one minute and then switch to the other foot.
- Another seated exercise can be done using a folded towel lengthwise to make an exercise strap. While seated place the folded towel under the arches of both feet. Grab the ends of the towel with both hands, and gently pull the tops of your feet toward you. Hold for 15 to 30 seconds, and repeat three times.
To learn more about different foot ailments, foot care, foot alignment socks and other foot related items, read through different sections of our site or read some of our other foot care blogs. Have a topic you would love to have us cover in an upcoming blog? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this post
- Tags: exercises for foot pain, Foot Alignment Socks, foot care, foot care tips, foot health, foot pain relief